Enterprise owns interests in NGL pipelines that transport mixed NGLs from natural gas processing plants, refineries and marine terminals to downstream fractionation plants and storage facilities; gather and distribute purity NGL products to and from fractionation plants, storage and terminal facilities, petrochemical plants, refineries and export facilities; and deliver propane and ethane to destinations along our pipeline systems. Our pipelines provide transportation services to customers on a fee basis; therefore, the gross operating margin for this business is generally dependent upon the volume of product transported and the level of fees charged to customers. Typically, our pipeline customers retain title to the products transported by our NGL pipelines and the associated commodity price risk.
We operate our NGL pipelines with the exception of the Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline and Texas Express Gathering System.
The following table summarizes the significant NGL pipeline assets of our NGL Pipelines & Services business segment.
|Facility||Ownership Interest||Pipeline Length (Miles)||Function|
|Mid-America Pipeline System (1)||100.0%||7,985||Transports mixed NGLs produced from natural gas processing plants in Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico to the Seminole pipeline in West Texas.|
|South Texas NGL Pipeline System||100.0%||2,001||Gathers and transports mixed NGLs from natural gas processing plants in South Texas owned by us and our third party customers to our NGL fractionators in South Texas and to fractionation and storage at our Mont Belvieu complex.|
|Dixie Pipeline (1)||100.0%||1,307||Transports propane from fractionators and refineries in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi to customers throughout the Southeast United States.|
|ATEX (1)||100.0%||1,192||Transports Ethane from the Marcellus/Utica shales in the Northeast United States down to our Mont Belvieu storage complex.|
|Chaparral NGL System (1)||100.0%||1,085||Transports NGLs from natural gas processing facilities in West Texas and New Mexico to Mont Belvieu, Texas.|
|Louisiana Pipeline System (1)||100.0%||876||Gathers and transports mixed NGLs originating in Louisiana and Texas to refineries and petrochemical companies located along the Mississippi River corridor in southern Louisiana.|
|Seminole NGL Pipeline (1,2)||100.0%||869||Transports NGLs from the Hobbs hub and the Permian Basin area of West Texas to markets in southeast Texas including our fractionation complex located in and near Mont Belvieu. NGLs originating on the Mid-America Pipeline System are the primary source of throughput for this pipeline.|
|Shin Oak NGL Pipeline||67.0% (3)||662||Transports NGL production from the Permian basin to our NGL fractionation and storage complex located at the Mont Belvieu hub.|
|Texas Express Pipeline (1)||35.0% (4)||594||Transports mixed NGLs from natural gas processing facilities in Northern Texas and Front Range Pipeline to our fractionation and storage complex in and around Mont Belvieu.|
|Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline (1)||50.0% (5)||572||Transports mixed NGLs from Skellytown, Texas to Mont Belvieu.|
|Front Range Pipeline (1)||33.3% (6)||447||Transports mixed NGLs from natural gas processing facilities in Colorado to an interconnect with the Texas Express Pipeline, Mid-America Pipeline System and other third-party facilities located at Skellytown, Texas.|
|Houston Ship Channel Pipeline System||100.0%||304||Connects our Mont Belvieu area assets to our Houston Ship Channel export/import terminals and to area third-party petrochemical plants, refineries and other pipelines.|
|Aegis Ethane Pipeline (1)||100.0%||299||Delivers purity ethane to petrochemical facilities along the southeast Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast.|
|Rio Grande Pipeline (1)||70.0% (7)||249||Transports mixed NGLs to a pipeline interconnect at the Mexican border south of El Paso, Texas.|
|Panola Pipeline (1)||55.0% (8)||249||Transports mixed NGLs from northeast Texas near Carthage in Panola County to the Mont Belvieu hub.|
|Lou-Tex NGL Pipeline (1)||100.0%||206||Transports NGL products and refinery grade propylene between the Louisiana and Texas markets.|
|Promix NGL Gathering System||50.0% (9)||197||Gathers mixed NGLs from natural gas processing plants in southern Louisiana for delivery to our Promix NGL fractionator.|
|Texas Express Gathering System||45.0% (10)||170||Gathers mixed NGLs for delivery to the Texas Express Pipeline.|
|Tri-States NGL Pipeline (1)||83.3% (11)||168||Transports mixed NGLs from Mobile Bay, Alabama to points near Kenner, Louisiana.|
|Others (seven systems) (12)||Various (13)||459||Transport NGLs in the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast, East Texas, West Texas, New Mexico and Colorado.|
- Interstate and intrastate transportation services provided by these liquids pipelines are regulated by governmental agencies.
- Pipeline mileage shown for the Seminole NGL Pipeline excludes 379 miles converted to crude oil service in February 2019 and used by our Midland-to-ECHO 2 Pipeline System.
- We own a 67% consolidated interest in the Shin Oak NGL Pipeline through a majority owned subsidiary.
- Our ownership interest in the Texas Express Pipeline is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Texas Express Pipeline LLC.
- Our ownership interest in the Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline Company, L.L.C. ("Skelly-Belvieu").
- Our ownership interest in the Front Range Pipeline is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Front Range Pipeline LLC.
- We own a 70% consolidated interest in the Rio Grande Pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Rio Grande Pipeline Company.
- We own a 55% consolidated interest in the Panola Pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Panola Pipeline Company, LLC.
- Our ownership interest in the Promix NGL Gathering System is held indirectly through our equity method investment in K/D/S Promix, L.L.C. ("Promix").
- Our ownership interest in Texas Express Gathering System is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Texas Express Gathering LLC ("Texas Express Gathering").
- We own an 83.3% consolidated interest in the Tri-States NGL Pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Tri-States NGL Pipeline, L.L.C.
- Includes our Belle Rose and Wilprise pipelines located in the coastal regions of Louisiana; two pipelines located near Port Arthur in southeast Texas; our San Jacinto pipeline located in East Texas; our Permian NGL lateral pipelines located in West Texas; Leveret pipeline in West Texas and New Mexico; and a pipeline in Colorado associated with our Meeker facility. Transportation services provided by the Wilprise, Permian NGL and Leveret pipelines are regulated by federal government agencies.
- We own a 74.7% consolidated interest in the 30-mile Wilprise pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Wilprise Pipeline Company, LLC. We proportionately consolidate our 50% undivided interest in a 45-mile segment of the Port Arthur pipelines. The remainder of these NGL pipelines are wholly owned.
For more information on the assets, please refer to the most recent Form 10-K or Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other SEC filings.